WELCOME TO OUR Joint WORSHIP SERVICE
Sunday, June 05, 2016, 10:00 a.m.
Theme: Baptism, Membership, Communion
Gathering As God’s People
HWB 102 To God be the glory
HWB 163 Obey my voice
Call to Worship & Opening Prayer
Sermon ~ Going Public
Offering ~ God of Loveliness
celbration of Baptism and membership
Congregational Song ~ Days of Elijah
Reception of New Members
Celebration of Communion
Bread Lord I lift your name on high
O God, you are my God
Cup HWB 69 The Lord is king/So lange Jesus bleibt der Herr
HWB 472 I am the Bread of life
Responding to God’s word
Closing Song ~ HWB 118 Praise God from whom
Multimedia ~ Kayla Hiebert
PA ~ Erwin Toews
Organist/Prelude ~ Margarete Dyck
Pianist/Postlude ~ Leona Hildebrand
Song Leaders/Worship Music/Offertory ~ Val & Ed Peters, Lyle Peters, Kristy Rempel, Scott Friesen
Sermon ~ Pastor Heiko Giesbrecht
Head Usher ~ Anibal Harder
Welcome Centre ~ Hans & Irmtraut Hiebert
PRAYER & PRAISE
Please pray for:
s Delores Tourond and Anne Unger in Bethesda Hospital
s Peter Dyck in Vita Hospital
s Fernando & Jennifer Hiebert as Fernando’s father, Hans Hiebert, will be having surgery on June 23rd, , in Brazil.
s Agnes Nikkel, Tina Nikkel, Henry & Jessie Peters, Susana Siemens, Frieda Wallman, Helen Warkentin (Bethesda Place), Agnes Ketler, Agnes Steingart (Niverville), Justina Rempel, (Maplewood), John Kathler (Bethania)
Congratulations to Dave & Lena Funk who will celebrate their 50th anniversary on June 8th. We wish you God's blessing and many more years together.
Congratulations to Jim & Annette Martens on the birth of their granddaughter, Makenna Grace, (Matthew & Lisa Martens) on May 27th.
Please check the Missionary Board for a recent newsletter from Ryan Dueck.
CHURCH FAMILY INFORMATION
If you have an emergency and need a pastor on the weekend, please call the church office and the answering machine will give you instructions on how a pastor can be reached.
The Personnel Committee has begun working on Pastor Randy’s 3 year evaluation as Sr. Co-Pastor. Evaluation forms are available at the Welcome Centre and should be returned by today.
Who is interested in helping SMC in the following roles? Recording Secretary, Echoes, Outreach Council Vice Chair. Contact Henry Dueck, chair of Gift Discernment Committee, to volunteer or suggest other people.
Gym Comm. Contact: Isbrand Fehr
Volunteer Driver Contact: Erdman & Eva Penner
SMC THIS WEEK
Today, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Family Volleyball
4:00 p.m. Young Families: Picnic & Finger food at Sandilands
Mon. June 6, 6:45 p.m. Men’s Volleyball
Tues. June 7, 7:00 p.m. Women’s Volleyball
June 14, 7:00 p.m. Vision Council meeting
June 20, 7:00 p.m. SMC 75th Ann. Celebration Committee. Meeting in MPR.
June 25, 7:00 p.m. Arkbuilders at Helga Froese. Mary Ann Hildebrand will share about her recent trip to Israel.
June 26, 10:00 a.m. Discussion on MC Canada Assembly Topics. Come to discern the Future Task Force and Being a Faithful Church documents to help our delegates know SMC’s questions and concerns.
College & Career – June 7, 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Bible Study
Jr. Youth – Wed. June 29, 5:30 p.m. Goldeyes Game
Sr. Youth - Thurs. June 9, 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Year End Party
COMMUNITY & CONFERENCE EVENTS
June 10, 7:00 p.m. MCC AGM Location: Heartland Community Church, Landmark. To register online: goo.gl/TC7hX7
June 12, 7:00 p.m. First Mennonite Church Choir presents A German Hymn Sing, followed by Das Lied von der Glocke at First Mennonite Church, Wpg. See poster for details.
July 2, Cycle Clear Lake 35km mountain bike fundraiser. To register go to: mcccanada.ca/forms/cycle-clear-lake-registration
July 6-10, MC Canada Assembly in Saskatoon, SK. Delegates are Randy & Leona Hildebrand and Peter Harms
July 13, MCC Golf Tournament at Bridges Golf Course. To register go to: mcccanada.ca/forms/mcc-manitoba-golf-tournament-registration
SMC VISION STATEMENT
Steinbach Mennonite Church is faithfully following Christ in worship and service by making disciples, building community and reaching out to the world.
Steinbach Bible College invites all women to attend the Living Proof Live Simulcast featuring Beth Moore, Saturday, Sept. 17, at SBC. Bring your neighbours and friends for a powerful day of teaching and worship. For ticket info call 204-326-6451 or visit SBCollege.ca.
MC Canada Bulletin Announcements for Sunday, June 5, 2016:
· The Mennonite Church Canada Assembly 2016 Discernment Guide is now available. All delegates are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the information and be ready to process the items presented for decision: http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/saskatoon2016
· The Mennonite Heritage Centre Archives invites you to the world premiere launch of The Last Objectors, a film documentary of WWII Conscientious Objectors from the Mennonite Community on Thursday, June 16 at 7 PM at Sargent Avenue Mennonite Church in Winnipeg. Writer/Director Andrew Wall of Refuge 31 Films and MHC Archivist Conrad Stoesz will be on hand to answer questions. Admission by donation with proceeds going to the archives program.
· Mennonite Church Canada is accepting resumes for a half-time term Administrative Assistant position at CommonWord, beginning this summer (as early as June 20) to January 31, 2017 (with possibility of extension). Hours of work are from 9 AM to 12:45 PM, Monday to Friday. See job description at – http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/jobs. Application deadline: June 10, 2016. Contact Arlyn Friesen Epp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-594-0527 x 333 for more info.
· Featured prayer request from the wider church (to receive regular prayer requests, subscribe to PrayerNet at: www.commonword.ca/go/96). Hippolyto Tshimanga, Miriam Maenhout-Tshimanga, and their sons Emmanuel and Joshua, have completed their paperwork and are moving to Bloemfontein, South Africa, on June 20. Please pray for the family as they make this transition, for the boys as they begin school immediately, and for language learning. Hippo and Miriam will serve with Mennonite Church Canada Witness through an invitation from the Grace Community Church, a network of 6 congregations.
Steinbach Bible College invites applications for a .75 position as Executive Assistant to the President, to commence September 2016. For more information, visit SBCollege.ca/news or contact Eileen Krueger, Human Resources Consultant, EBMinds@gmail.com before June 15.
MCC Manitoba Annual General Meeting - MCC Manitoba's AGM will be held on Friday, June 10, 7 - 9:30 pm at Heartland Community Church in Landmark. Join us to hear about developments in our program work and plans as well as a keynote address focused on how MCC responds to disasters today. Member congregations may appoint one voting delegate per every 50 members but anyone is invited to attend. For more information and to register delegates for this meeting, please visit http://mccmanitoba.ca/agm or contact Nikki Hamm by e-mail, email@example.com, or phone at 204-261-6381. Please register delegates by June 7.
Free workshop: "Supporting Refugees who have Experienced Trauma" - We would like to invite you to attend this workshop if you would like to learn more about the impact of trauma and how to support refugees who may be dealing with it. This is a free workshop. Beverages and mid morning snack will be included. Saturday, June 11, 2016, 9:30 am - 1:00 pm. Regional Connections, 725 Main St., Winkler. Please register before Monday, June 6 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: 204-925-1910.
MCC Manitoba welcomes applications for Program Assistant (12 month term position) based in Winnipeg. Applications are being accepted until June 15, 2016. For more information and to apply, please visit http://mcccanada.ca/openings
World Refugee Day - We are in the midst of a global refugee crisis. June 20 is designated by the United Nations as World Refugee Day -- a day to commemorate the strength, courage and resilience of refugees around the world. Join in marking World Refugee Day by planning a worship service to listen, learn, pray, give and be inspired to offer hospitality and hope to refugees. MCC has resources available at http://mcccanada.ca/stories/world-refugee-day
CMU Events and Opportunities for Posting June 5, 2016
1. Public Lecture with John Ralston Saul – The Canadian School of Peacebuilding presents John Ralston Saul, Canadian award-winning philosopher, novelist and essayist, speaking on ‘Living with Uncertainty: The Road to Peace’ on June 14 at 7:00 PM at Marpeck Commons, 2299 Grant Ave. A book signing will take place after the lecture. All are welcome. For more information go to csop.cmu.ca/specialevents.
2. Want to encounter other cultures? Come hear fascinating stories and experience cultural diversity at the Canadian School of Peacebuilding. Courses run June 13-17 and June 20-24 and are a great opportunity to experience an inspiring community of people gathered to learn about peace. For more information, go to csop.cmu.ca or email email@example.com.
3. Register now for 2016/17 music lessons and classes at the Community School of Music & the Arts (a program of Canadian Mennonite University). Individual music lessons are available in any instrument, and classes available include Art for Kids, Musical Theatre, Music for Kids, Group Voice, Music for Young Children and more! NEW this summer: Summer Voice Academy July 18-22. Visit cmu.ca/csma or call 204.837.4870 for more information.
4. Looking for Partners for international students at CMU: CMU is experiencing growth in international student enrolment and is looking for partners to assist in welcoming these students to Canada. There are varying levels of involvement needed, from 1 or 2 contacts to an on-going relationship with the student. If you would like to become involved with these students or receive more information on how you can help, please contact Sandra Loeppky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204.487.3300x340.
WMSCI (Lindenwood Manor/Terrace) is hiring a P/T Spiritual Care position (20 hours/week) for an 18 month term. Some evening and weekend availability required. For further information including position abstract and qualifications or to submit a Resume and Cover letter please contact: Ashley Hibbs, email@example.com Competition closes June 24 at noon.