Willkommen zum deutschen Gottesdienst
19. Februar 2017 - 9.00 Uhr morgens
Eine Begegnung mit Gott – Bist du Bereit?
» Er aber sprach: Herr, wer bist du? Der sprach: Ich bin Jesus, den du verfolgst.« Apg. 9:5
ERÖFFNUNG UND LOBPREIS
Begrüßung & Eröffnung
Versammlungslieder – GM 311 Ich weiß einen Strom
GM 339 Ich weiß nicht warum
Bibeltext – Apg. 9:1-19
Predigt – Mit Gott Neue Wege Gehen
DAS LEBEN DER GEMEINDE
Bekanntmachungen & Gebet
Kollekte – GM 369 Solang mein Jesus lebt
GM 432 Näher, mein Gott, zu Dir
Schlusslied – GM 130 Geh unter der Gnade
Gottesdienstleitung ~ Willi Wiebe
Botschaft ~ Fernando Hiebert
Versammlungslieder ~ Jennifer Hiebert
Klavier ~ Wanda Dueck
Hauptordner ~ Bryan Giesbrecht
Tontechniker ~ Ronni Hiebert
Feb. 26, Wir moechten the ganze Gemeinde zu einem feierlichen Gottesdienst als eine Abschlussfeier des deutschen Gottesdienstes in der SMC einladen und auch zusaetzlich noch den Abschied von Pastor Fernando Hiebert feiern. Zwischen den beiden Gottesdiensten wollen wir in der Sporthalle einen Kaffee mit Kuchen geniessen um auch so unsere Freundschaften im SMC zu feiern.
Am 26. Februar wird keine Sonntagschule stattfinden.
WELCOME TO OUR ENGLISH WORSHIP SERVICE
February 19, 2017 – 11:00 a.m.
GATHERING AS GOD'S PEOPLE
This little light of mine
Holy, holy, holy Lord
STJ 44 The love of God
OUR LIFE TOGETHER
Congregational Life and Prayer
Offering ~ What kind of love is this
PROCLAIMING GOD’S WORD
Congregational Song ~ How deep the Father’s love for us
Scripture Reading ~ 1 John 2:28 – 3:10
Sermon ~ “You are loved”
RESPONDING TO GOD'S WORD
Closing Song ~ HWB 580 My life flows on
Worship Leader ~ Alvie Martens
Sermon ~ Daryl Climenhaga
Children's Story ~ Jac Siemens
Song Leaders/Offertory ~ Val & Ed Peters, Lyle Peters,
Cass Wieler, Katie Wiens
Organist/Prelude/Postlude ~ Margarete Dyck
Sound ~ Mark Hildebrandt
Head Usher ~ Bryan Giesbrecht
Welcome Center ~ Levi and Trudy Hiebert
PRAYER & PRAISE
Please pray for:
s Agnes Steingart who is not doing well.
s Pray for our Missionaries:
Ryan Dueck – Winnipeg
Rachel Klassen – Germany
Fredy & Rowena Hiebert - Bolivia
CHURCH FAMILY INFORMATION
Today Abe Wiebe and a group from SMC are leading the worship service at Woodhaven.
Devotional material “Restore Us, O God” available for families to use during Lent. See Welcome Centre for booklets.
We pray a blessing for each of the following as we honour their request to be released from their membership at SMC:
Siegfried & Jenny Durksen David & Tracy Froese
Franklin & Lotti Giesbrecht Domenila Harder Edgar & Natalie Harder Tony Harder Will & Hildi Kehler Amanda Reimer Jacob & Helen Sawatzky David & Berta Schroeder Peter & Helen Schroeder Norman & Margita Wieler
“We are excited to announce that the rest of the Mulambas (our refugee family from the Congo) have arrived safely in Canada on Monday night!
Gaston, Antoinette, David, Walo, Elodie, and Grace are settling in to their new home here and we would like to make them feel extra welcome this Sunday with a little "Meet and Greet". We invite you to linger a little bit after the church service on Sunday, February 19, to greet our new family, share a smile, shake their hands and make them feel welcome in Steinbach and at SMC.
There is a lot to arrange with their arrival here and if you'd like to assist with anything or just get to know them better, please speak with Eric Rempel.” Refugee Committee
Gym Comm. Contact: Isbrand Fehr
Feb. 12 – 18, 2017 - Our Giving: $4,257.00
SMC THIS WEEK
Today, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Family Volleyball
Mon. Feb. 20, 6:45 p.m. Men’s Volleyball
Tues. Feb. 21, 7:00 p.m. Women’s Volleyball
7:00 p.m. Vision Council Meeting
7:00 p.m. Sunbeams meet in kitchenette
Wed. Feb. 22, 9:00 a.m. Food Committee would like to call on help to do a thorough kitchen cleaning. Call Helen Funk for info.
Feb. 26, 9:00 a.m. We would like to invite the whole congregation of SMC for a Celebration Service in a concluding German Worship Service at SMC and a Farewell for
Pastor Fernando Hiebert. We will enjoy coffee and cookies in the Gym between the morning services where we can connect and celebrate our friendships.
Feb. 27, 9:00 a.m. Quilting Day in the kitchenette
March 4, 7:45 a.m. Men’s Prayer Breakfast at Uncle Jake’s
Speaker: Fernando Hiebert MC: Otto Loeppky
8:30 a.m. Sunbeams Birthday Breakfast at Smitty’s
March 5, 10:15 a.m. Sunday School Parent and Teacher discussion about future Sunday school programming in the kitchenette
March 5, 2:30 p.m. SMC Annual Membership Meeting
9:00 a.m. German Sunday School upstairs
9:45 a.m. English Sunday School
Preschool (Age 2–Kindergarten) – Kitchenette
School-Age (Gr. 1-12) – Upstairs
- Young Adults with Ed Peters – Room # 217
- Bible Study in Room # 109
- Current Issues in MPR
- Informal visiting with coffee, maté, and tereré in gym
Boys Club - Wed. Feb. 22, 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. Bible Stories Session
Girls Club - Wed. Feb. 22, 7:00 – 8:15 p.m. Baking Night
Jr. Youth - Wed. Feb. 22, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. Session
CONFERENCE PRAYER REQUESTS
On Feb. 25, MCBC leaders and delegates meet for their annual gathering. Pray for an overwhelming sense of God’s presence as they discuss area church matters and engage in a final review of Future Directions proposals to re-organize national and area church bodies. Pray for MCA, MC Sask, and MCM as they prepare for their annual meetings in March, and for MCEC as they prepare for their meeting in April.
COMMUNITY & CONFERENCE EVENTS
Camps with Meaning camper registration is now open for all three locations! For details visit www.campswithmeaning.org
Feb. 23, 7:00 p.m. MCC Steinbach Community Assistance Center Inc. (MCC Thrift Store) invites you to the annual meeting at SMC. There will be coffee and snacks served. Everyone Welcome.
March 2, 6:30 p.m. YFC Festival of Friends Fundraising Dinner at SMC. Call 204-326-4366 for more info. Seating limited.
March 3, 7:00 p.m. MCM Annual Delegate Gathering. Emmanuel Mennonite Church, Winkler. Business sessions: March 4, 8:30 - 4:00 p.m. Schedule and Part 1 of the Report Book is available the Welcome Centre.
March 5, 7:00 p.m. Vespers at MHV with Leona Hildebrand
March 16, 7:00 p.m. Eden Foundation’s Dessert Night at SMC. See poster for details.
March 18, 1:00 – 9:00 p.m. Save the date! The Camps with Meaning "Raise the Roof" Song-a-thon.
SMC VISION STATEMENT
Steinbach Mennonite Church is faithfully following Christ in worship and service by making disciples, building community and reaching out to the world.
Recovery of Hope Counselling is excited to announce that we have a second counsellor joining our Steinbach office (21 Loewen Blvd)! Lois Braun brings a Bachelor of Social Work degree and a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy degree and is motivated to help couples, families and individuals work towards maintaining balance and connecting deeply in their relationships and marriages. Lois is joining Hali Reimer Chaplin in our Steinbach office and together they are available for daytime and evening appointments 4 days/week. For more information or to book an appointment, please call toll free 1-866-493-6202 or visit our website at www.edenhealthcare.ca/roh/.
MC Canada Bulletin Announcements for Sunday – February 19, 2017
· New documents outlining the re-vitalization of Mennonite Church Canada and Area Churches as a result of our Future Directions process have been posted at futuredirectionsmc.ca/the-proposal.
· Pilgrimage for Indigenous Rights: Save the date – April 23 – May 14 – to join all or part of a 600 km pilgrimage from Kitchener-Waterloo to Ottawa, stopping at 21 churches and engaging in teach-ins, all in support of Canada’s implementation of UNDRIP (United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples). Web site and resources to come.
· The Mennonite Heritage Centre including its Archive and Art Gallery programs, is being reorganized under a new partnership and name. Learn more by reading the joint news release: http://tinyurl.com/jve78cs
· There are many new resources at CommonWord that you can access online at www.commonword.ca, including: Transfiguration Sunday materials, safe church policies, recent science and faith discussions at CMU, Lenten worship and curriculum items, the most recent Church Matters podcast with guest, Dr. Peter Enns. To stay abreast of new and seasonal materials, subscribe to our Curator and like us on Facebook.
· Restore Us, O God! is the 2017 Lent at home devotional booklet by Elsie Rempel. Follow the weekly themes of We Hunger, We Wonder, We Thirst, We See, We Breathe, We Hope—and finally on Easter—We Live! Free download at www.commonword.ca/go/748.
· Save the date: Mennonite Church Canada delegates are invited to a special assembly Oct. 13-15 in Winnipeg, Man. The event will begin with a dinner on Friday and conclude with worship on Sunday. The venue, costs, and other details are pending. More info to come.
· Featured prayer request from the wider church (to receive regular prayer requests, subscribe to PrayerNet at: www.commonword.ca/ResourceView/59/7507):
1. On Feb. 25, MCBC leaders and delegates meet for their annual gathering. Pray for an overwhelming sense of God’s presence as they discuss area church matters and engage in a final review of Future Directions proposals to re-organize national and area church bodies. Pray for MCA, MC Sask, and MCM as they prepare for their annual meetings in March, and for MCEC as they prepare for their meeting in April.
Canadian Mennonite University
Three Key Announcements
1. On Wednesday, April 5 plan to attend Spring at CMU – an evening fundraiser in support of CMU’s mission and programs. The CMU PAX Award will be presented to Sarah Thompson, Executive Director of Christian Peacemaker Teams, and we will celebrate the leadership of the Capital Campaign Cabinet in constructing Marpeck Commons. Go to cmu.ca/springatcmu for more information.
2. Xplore: Keep Thinking: enrol in CMU’s 55-Plus Enrichment Program, offered Wednesday mornings at CMU from March 8 – April 12. Courses include Introducing Hutterites Today with Kenny Wollmann (Hutterite graduate student at CMU). For information and to enrol go to cmu.ca/explore.
3. As people of peace in a world with much violence, CMU’s Canadian School of Peacebuilding is a great place to learn peacebuilding skills, to connect with other peacebuilders, and to hear inspiring stories. Come join our wildly diverse community for a 5-day session, June 12-16 or 19-23, 2017. More information is available at csop.cmu.ca or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Announcements as Space Permits
4. February 28 is CMU’s deadline for Scholarships and Awards. See cmu.ca/financialaid for applications and information. CMU issues nearly 400 scholarships and bursaries to students each year. Over $523,000 was awarded in scholarships and bursaries to over half the student body in 2015-2016.
5. Join presenters Gil Dueck, Jamie Howison, Lloyd Letkeman, Carol Letkeman, Irma Fast Dueck, Hilde Marsch, and more at CMU for A Transformative Moment: Seeking God in the Transitions of Young Adulthood, a one-day workshop for pastors and lay leaders who are interested in exploring the intriguing transitions of young adult-hood. The event will be held February 25th from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM in the CMU Conference Room, 600 Shaftesbury Blvd. For more information go to cmu.ca/transformative.
6. Worship with us at CMU Vespers, a monthly worship service incorporating choral music, hymns, scripture, and prayer. This month’s choir director is John Poettcker and worship leader is Irma Fast Dueck. Sunday, February 19, 7:00 PM, Laudamus Auditorium, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd.
7. You are warmly invited to an evening of musical theatre with CMU Opera Workshop’s presentation of H.M.S. Pinafore. Performances will be held Thursday, March 9 to Saturday March 11 at 7:00 PM and Sunday at 2:30 PM in the Laudamus Auditorium, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. Tickets available at the door: adults $20; students $15.
MCC Manitoba Bulletin Announcements for February 19, 2017
Special Event: Wintertreffen
Sunday, February 26, 2:30 pm, 409 Recreation Centre, Arborg
Join us at the Arborg Bifrost Community Centre for an afternoon of music and updates on MCC's local and international work opp Plautdietsch followed by a potluck faspa! For more information visit http://mccmb.ca/wintertreffen.
MCC Canada welcomes applications for Director of Finance based in Winnipeg. Applications are accepted until March 15. For more information and to apply, please visit http://mccmb.ca/get-involved/serve/openings/director-finance.
MCC is accepting applications for Summerbridge 2017. This 8-12 week service program provides opportunities for young adults to develop leadership skills and deeper engagement with their local church and community. The program encourages participation of young people from diverse cultural backgrounds. If you are interested in learning more about Summerbridge, please contact Katie Froese at email@example.com or 204-925-1929.
Book Launch: Out of Place
Wednesday, March 1, 7 pm, 159 Henderson Hwy, Winnipeg
MCC Low German Mennonite Services invites you to the book launch of Luann Good Gingrich's Out of Place: Social Exclusion and Mennonite Migrants in Canada at Sam's Place.
Lowe Farm Bergthaler Church invites you to take part in a Mission Fest weekend February 24-26. Beginning Friday evening at 7:30 pm Henry and Gerald Neufeld will be speaking. Saturday afternoon from 3 pm -5 pm, Steve Heinrichs will be leading the proceedings followed by a soup and bread supper at 5:30 pm with an evening concert at 7 pm with Kim Thiessen and Darryl Neustaedter Barg. Sunday morning church begins at 10:40 am with another message by Steve Heinrichs concluding with a potluck lunch. Please bring something for the potluck if you plan on attending. We hope to see you there.
MC Manitoba BULLETIN ANNOUNCEMENTS
Sie sind herzlich eingeladen am Sonntagmorgen um 7.30 Uhr (CFAM / CHSM / CJRB) Frohe Botschaft einzuschalten, eine Sendung die von Mennonite Church Manitoba produziert wird. Im März bringt Prediger John H. Neufeld aus der Ersten Mennoniten Gemeinde eine Predigtserie.
Please join us for Frohe Botschaft, a German language worship service produced by Mennonite Church Manitoba and broadcast on Sunday morning at 7:30 on CFAM / CHSM / CJRB. The speaker in March is Pastor John H. Neufeld from First Mennonite Church.
Camps with Meaning camper registration is now open for all three locations! For details visit www.campswithmeaning.org
Save the date! The Camps with Meaning "Raise the Roof" Song-a-thon will be March 18th from 1-9 PM! www.campswithmeaning.org/songathon
Camps with Meaning staff and volunteer applications are now available at www.campswithmeaning.org/summer/camp-staff
The Future Directions Proposal outlining the re-vitalization of Mennonite Church Canada and Area Churches has been posted at futuredirectionsmc.ca/the-proposal
MCM Annual Delegate Gathering. Emmanuel Mennonite Church, Winkler. Worship open to all: March 3, 2017, 7:00pm-9:00pm. Business sessions: March 4, 2017, 8:30am-4:00pm. Schedule and Part 1 of the Report Book is available at www.mennochurch.mb.ca/events